TASTING ROOM SALES ASSOCIATE | JOB DESCRIPTION
We have Full & Part time seasonal positions available for TASTING ROOM SALES ASSOCIATES beginning May through October.
Applicants must be available to work minimum 20-40 hours/week, weekends and holidays.
- Warmly greet and provide guests with an exceptional and memorable tasting experience tailored to guest’s knowledge level
- Pour and educate guests about wines; sharing information about our history and philosophy, as well as our winemaking practices
- Assisting customers with wine purchases
- Assisting current wine club members, and enrolling new wine club members
- Stocking and merchandising shelves
- Open and Closing duties
- Maintaining the cleanliness of hospitality areas including the tasting room, courtyard, and designated tasting areas.
- Representing the winery at periodic off-site events and assisting with on-site events.
- Assisting with packaging and shipping wine orders
- Candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays and occasional evenings.
- Previous Serving experience considered an asset
- Prior experience in hospitality, retail or sales
- WSET Certification or other wine education is an asset
- Experience with WineDirect POS an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Strong knowledge of wine or a keen interest in wine
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Comfort with computers (for our basic point of sale software)
- Serving it Right Certificate
- At least 19 years of age
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the job. These include but are not limited to: 1) lifting up to 40 lbs. while navigating stairs or equipment, 2) standing for extended periods of time
- Availability to work weekends, holidays and some evenings
WHO IS HILLSIDE WINERY?
Hillside Winery & Bistro is located on the Naramata Bench, just minutes from Penticton BC. Established in 1989, we are one the oldest wineries in the region. We have a rich history and long-standing reputation for providing exceptional, award winning wines. We continue to offer our guests the ultimate Naramata Bench experience with terroir-driven wine, locally-inspired cuisine, and striking views of the bench and Lake Okanagan. What’s not to love?
WHY WORK FOR US?
This is a perfect time to join the Hillside team. We are expanding our wine & food offerings, and it promises to be an exciting season. If you are looking to join a fun & dynamic team, and to take part in the continued growth and development of a winery...this position is for you!
THE HILLSIDE DIFFERENCE:
We are known for our very warm & welcoming tasting room and pride ourselves on making the wine tasting experience fun and approachable. While the environment is laid-back, the success of our business relies on having a team dedicated to top-notch customer service and an unwavering commitment to be front-line ambassadors of the Hillside brand in a bustling and busy environment.